Tickets for November 13, 2014 will be on sale Friday, October 3 at 10:00 AM (CDT).
Welcome, Fan o' the Wait Wait! You are here because you want tickets to the hottest live taping of an NPR News Quiz Show located in the basement of a bank in North America. If the above Eventbrite window says "Pending" just refresh the browser window - it means you are in the digital line and have to wait your turn...
NOTE: WE DO NOT OFFER REFUNDS.
Scroll down for an updated calendar of future dates...
If you don't see a link above, you are either having difficulty parsing out time zones or they are no longer available. Also, tapings in locations outside of Chicago are NOT sold on this page. To get those tickets, go to the NPR WWDTM site. In addition to purchasing your tickets, this page is chock full of good info about WWDTM, so please read it - I know you have questions.
Here’s the deal – your questions are NOT unique. Unless you are genuinely curious about whether Peter is as tall as he sounds on the radio, you have the same six or seven questions that everyone asks. Below are the answers to your questions. I’m often too swamped to effectively deal with phone calls (and, really… phone calls are SO late 20th Century, right?) so: Take a moment. Read the FAQ. Take the Quiz.
If you have a question I failed to address, email our Assistant House Manager, Tyler Greene at email@example.com. He's very courteous and patient. You'll like him.
If he fails to answer your question, email me (Don Hall - I'm the snarky one...) at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will caution you however, if you do not take the time to read the FAQ and then ask a question already answered, I will return your lack of intellectual rigor with sarcasm (I can't help it.).
NOTE: I can tell if you decided to simply NOT read this. Your questions will expose you.
Peter recommends the Steak Diane and the Parmesan Bread...
* This statement should make it clear that if it is NOT listed on the above calendar, emailing me for dates not listed is a waste of time...
When is the taping?
Tapings are Thursday nights. Doors open at 7:00PM; taping begins at 7:30PM and lasts until app. 9:30PM.
When do tickets go on sale?
Six weeks in advance of the taping date, on Fridays at 10:00 a.m.
All General Seating tickets to Chicago tapings are $30.00.
Premium Seats are $85.00.
What if the show is listed as SOLD OUT?
If the show date you’re looking for is SOLD OUT that means there are no more tickets for sale, even if it’s your birthday or you are Carl Kasell’s dentist’s cousin’s friend. We do have a ‘first come, first served’ waiting list that signs up at 6:00 p.m. on the night of the taping. Sometimes we even have rush tickets. No guarantees but there are no guarantees in life, right?
Can I buy tickets and give them to my mom?
Nope. We used to be flexible with this but with scalper websites like Stub Hub and Craigslist putting our tickets on sale for far over the face value of the tickets, the policy in place now is that the purchaser of the tickets must be present with a picture I.D.
If you want to buy your mom tickets as a gift, buy a Gift Certificate (limited quantities) in November. They sell out pretty quickly so act fast - in November.
Where do I park?
There is no downtown parking affiliated with WWDTM or Chase Bank. For directions, click here. Parking options include the Millennium Park Garage (and a bit of a walk), the SELF Park on Madison just west of the bank, or the street. The Blue Line stops at the bank, however, and I'd suggest parking near a Blue Line stop out of downtown and grabbing that to the show.
Is there anything else I should know?
- There are no refunds or exchanges for purchased tickets through WBEZ or NPR. Seriously. Don't ask - saying no isn't as fun as I make it seem...
- CHASE BANK is located at 10 S. Dearborn.
- The auditorium has 456 seats.
- There is no age limit for audience members although we like to think there is an IQ limit.
- Any and all ADA Sign Language Interpreter Requests need to be made within two weeks of expected attendance. Beyond that, we cannot guarantee this service.
- IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT Gift Certificates. We sell 400 open-ended tickets for gifts every November. That's it. Once they are sold out, that's it. AND they expire at the end of the calendar year. (NOTE: Do you really think that that means they are only good for two months? C'mon, pedantic one. The NEXT calendar year...) They CANNOT be used for shows in other cities than Chicago, random pizza joints or to pay your parking tickets. If you buy one and fail to print out the Eventbrite ticket or keep the email, your insistence that you, indeed, bought or received one will fall on deaf, uncaring ears. Can you tell that a lot of people get confused by this issue?
Also - you cannot upgrade your gift certificate to a Premium Seat. No dice. You want a Premium Seat, you gotta buy them when they go on sale.
If you have questions, please send Tyler an email at email@example.com