'THE DAILY SHOW WITH JON STEWART' ... WITH JOHN OLIVER. Jon Stewart's taking the summer off to direct a movie. His anchor-desk replacement? "Senior British Correspondent" John Oliver.
* Oliver's no stranger to hosting a comedy news show. Exhibit A: His weekly satiric podcast, The Bugle.
* Flow chart designed to help win any argument over climate change.
* Carly Rae Jepsen's cancellation tweet:
As an artist who believes in equality for all people, I will not be participating in the Boy Scouts of America Jamboree this summer... — Carly Rae Jepsen (@carlyraejepsen) March 5, 2013
* Chicago's mysterious Twitter riddler, Marty Rudolf of Chicago.
THE SEQUESTER'S WORKING FOR SOME OF US. Despite the gloom that's descended on the federal budget, the Dow closed yesterday a record high. Will it be remembered as "the day investors ignored the boy who cried wolf"?
* Reasons the Dow's rally may feel empty.
GOOD NEWS FOR THE SWISS ARMY. Over flight attendants' objections, pocket knives will be allowed on U.S. airlines for the first time since 9/11.
* Blaming sequester, White House cancels tours.
* Obama dials down sequesteria.
* In new bio, Fox News chief calls Obama "lazy," misattributing the word to Obama himself.
FACEBOOK OVERHAUL. A makeover to be announced tomorrow reportedly will include bigger photos -- and bigger ads.
* Study finds only about a third of your friends see typical Facebook post.
* Chicago cops warn of cell phone store robberies.
ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF WHY TEXT SHOULD BE TEXT. It would've prevented embarrassing designs like this one.
* Supermarket magazine cover-up: Guns OK, breasts not so much.
* A new kind of newspaper subscription: Pay for Sunday print Tribune and online membership, get a tablet as part of the deal.
THIS WILL LITERALLY GENERATE COMMENTS BELOW THIS BLOG POST. The informal definition of "literally" -- the one that means not literally -- is creeping into dictionaries.
* Soundtrack for creation of this post: Latest issue of The Bugle.
* Suggestions for this blog? Email anytime.
* Get this blog by email, free. Sign up here.
* Follow us on Twitter: @WBEZ and @Meyerson.
* Looking for the most recent WBEZ Meyerson News Quiz? Here you go.
Previous post in Charlie Meyerson